- There are only 2 weeks left to apply to the AFSIA Solar Awards 2020.
- The Africa Solar Industry Association ( AFSIA) Solar Awards is the industry’s premier awards ceremony.
- This annual event is the platform to recognize and celebrate exceptional talent and achievements that have contributed outstandingly to promoting and advancing the use of solar across Africa in its full diversity.
“The African Solar Industry Association Solar Awards will recognize good practice, professionalism, quality, safety and innovation, with the aim of being a benchmark of the brightest and best that the African solar industry has to offer,” said John van Zuylen, CEO of AFSIA.
An exceptional and international platform
The awards ceremony is organized in collaboration with the AEF (Africa Energy Forum) and will be conducted online on October 29th.
This year and given exceptional circumstances, AEF is joining forces with the African Utility Week & POWERGEN Africa plus Oil & Gas Council’s Africa Assembly this October to host a ‘Digital Africa Energy Festival’ – the largest ever energy event for the African continent.
AFSIA is delighted to be hosted by this much respected programme and to unveil the winners during a digital ceremony on October 29th.
Meet the jury
Applications to the AFSIA Solar Awards will be evaluated by some of the most experienced professionals of the African solar industry. These experts will review every application independently and will select the best ones in each category.
This year the jury will be composed of Eng. Lamya Abdel Hady, Head of Sector Private Projects, EETC (Egypt), Bah F.M. Saho, Executive Director, ECREEE (Cape Verde), Jo Dean, Board Member, SAPVIA (South Africa), Jasandra Nyker Managing Director, Denham Capital (South Africa), Aaron Leopold, CEO, AMDA – Africa Minigrid Developers Association (Kenya), Linda Munyengeterwa, Regional Industry Director for Infrastructure, IFC (South Africa), Izael Da Silva, PhD, Deputy Vice-Chancellor – Research and Innovation Department, Strathmore University (Kenya) and Simon Gosling, Managing Director, EnergyNet (UK).
Call for Nominations
Africa is characterized by the wide and rich diversity of solar projects and applications. Contrarily to other regions, we find all kinds of solar applications in Africa ranging from large-scale solar parks to solar home systems, from grid-connected residential systems to off-grid hospitals and schools, from basic PV systems to solar-powered applications such as street lighting, solar irrigation, refrigeration or cook stoves to name a few.
AFSIA is now accepting nominations for the following 15 categories. Participants in this competition must submit projects completed in the last 18 months.
- Utility Scale Solar Project of the Year
- C&I Solar Project of the Year
- Mini-grid Solar Project of the Year
- SHS Solar Project of the Year
- Residential Solar Project of the Year
- African Solar Company of the Year
- African solar entrepreneur/SME of the year
- Financial Advisor / Consultant of the Year
- Legal Advisor / Consultant of the Year
- Technical Consultant of the Year
- DFI of the Year
- Woman in solar of the Year
- Solar Innovation of the Year
- Solar Picture of the Year
- Solar Video of the Year
This is a unique opportunity to shine and be recognized as a true leader in the African solar market. Application is free-of-charge and open to all.
All details may be found HERE
For more information contact:
Author: GBA News Desk