- South Africa’s Minister of Mineral Resources and Energy, Mr Gwede Mantashe (MP) recognises and welcomes the recent appointments of a number of women to senior executive positions in the energy sector.
- The appointment of women to leadership roles, in the sector specifically, and society, more broadly, bodes well to sustain development and transformation.
The appointments are as follows:
- Ms Taelo Mojapelo appointed as the Chief Executive Officer of BP Southern Africa
- Ms Priscilla Mabelane to lead the Energy Business at Sasol
- Ms Nelisiwe Magubane to Chair the board of the Strategic Fuel Fund
- Ms Zanele Sibisi appointed as the Chief Operating Officer at the African Exploration Mining Finance Corporation (AEMFC).
- Dr Phindile Masangane appointed as the Chief Executive Officer of the Petroleum Agency of South Africa (PASA)
The Ministry would like to wish great success to the appointees and encourage them to collaborate, where necessary, and in their Individual companies, to engender a commitment to economic growth and development. They are further entrusted to utilize their knowledge of the energy sector, their expertise and confidence in the authority that accompanies their new leadership roles to ensure greater transformation.
Author: Bryan Groenendaal