- The Government of Mozambique has received financing from the World Bank toward the cost of the Energy For All (Proenergia), and intends to apply part of the proceeds for consulting services.
- The consulting services (“the Services”) include: Feasibility studies and draft projects for 11 photovoltaic mini grids, preparation of bidding documents and technical assistance during the tender.
The FUNAE – Fundo de Energia invites eligible consulting firms (“Consultants”) to indicate their interest in providing the Services. Interested Consultants should provide information demonstrating that they have the required qualifications and relevant experience to perform the Services.
The shortlisting evaluation criteria are:
- Experience with rural distribution systems and costing, and knowledge of renewable generation systems covering detailed engineering design, tendering, procurement and/or construction
- Knowledge on international best practices pertaining the design and deployment of mini grids
- Successful completion of feasibility studies and similar assignments in the developing countries context
- Demonstrated expertise in renewable generation systems, in particular with technologies for solar generation and battery storage systems, and experience with power distribution transactions.
Link to the detailed Terms of Reference (TOR) HERE
Author: Bryan Groenendaal