- The ancient practice of plumbing is a time-honoured effort, stretching back over 4,000 years to copper piping found in the remnants of the Indus River Valley in India.
- Things have managed to come quite far since then, as modern technology has helped evolve the trade rather prodigiously.
However, as Hansgrohe continues to think up new, innovative solutions and products, so too have the guidelines for plumbing needed to adapt. Here are some simple tips from your friends at Hansgrohe to approaching your plumbing jobs.
- Familiarise yourself with installation depths.
- Mark hot and cold supply pipes with red and blue tape. This will ensure that you always know which is which!
- Install inline strainers or sediment filters on the mains water supply. This will keep grit out of the water supply line.
- Be sure to test the hot water temperatures. If your temperatures are too high, you might damage the product.
- Keep both hot and cold water pressures balanced.
Pic: Install aerators
Water and Energy Savings
- Install water saving mixers. Fortunately, Hansgrohe boasts a wide range of eco-friendly options.
- Make use of angle regulator valves.
- Install eco-friendly showers. Fortunately (again), Hansgrohe EcoSmart shower options will save up to 60% of water and energy consumption.
- Make use of pressure compensation flow restricted aerators.
The iBox Universal Basic Set
- This is compatible with more than 200 different finish sets.
- You will need a minimum installation depth of 80mm up to the finished tiled surface.
- Do the first installation after the wall is plastered. You can then work on the minimum installation depth, especially for single skin installations.
Author: Bryan Groenendaal