- The Tunisian Government has awarded contracts for six 10 MW solar projects in the country’s second solar tender.
- The tender process was launched in August 2018.
Tunisia’s Ministry of Energy, Mines and Renewable Energies has published a list of projects it selected in the country’s second 70 MW solar tender. The energy ministry has awarded six 10 MW projects. The ministry did not provide any information on the remaining 10MW project.
The winning bidders are (each 10MW)
- Abo Wind AG
- Bejulo GmbH of Germany
- Spanish multinational EPC provider Enerland
- France-based VSB Energies Nouvelles
- China’s ET Solar,
- Aurora, Suneq and Suntrace consortium
The 20 year PPA’s will be directly with state-owned utility Société Tunisienne de l’électricité et du gaz.
In November 2018, The Ministry announced large scale 500MW solar Pv shortlist: Read more
Tunisia aims to deploy around 4.7 GW of clean energy capacity by 2030 under their master energy plan.
Author: Bryan Groenendaal