- The GREEN Solar Academy PTY Ltd. is an independent solar training provider and a spin-off of the maxx-solar academy.
- Since 2012, over 2,500 solar enthusiasts have been trained at the 9 branches of GREEN Solar Academy in 7 African countries.
- The academies follow the German DGS SolarSchool approach and all academies and courses are accredited by the German Solar Energy Society (DGS).
GREEN stands for Global Renewable Energy & Efficiency Network as their goal is not only to spread knowledge but to build up a network of PV installers all over Africa. GREEN acts as a link between manufacturers, wholesalers, NGOs and PV installers, who are our alumni.
The GREEN Solar Academy offers the following:
- Photovoltaic short courses at their academies in South Africa plus Ghana, Angola, Namibia, Mozambique and Zimbabwe.
- Inhouse and tailored photovoltaic training courses.
- Solar training consultancy which includes training programme development, training of trainers, curriculum and teacher training and learning materials (TTLM).
- A Global Renewable Energy & Efficiency Network.
The GREEN Approach
All GREEN Solar Academies are centrally managed and implemented locally following the approach of the German DGS SolarSchools. The GREEN Solar Academy PTY Ltd. centrally develops the training programme, trains the trainers and takes over the general management of the local GREEN Academies. On site, the local academies conduct the trainings individually with their accredited GREEN trainers. Through this approach GREEN guarantees:
- High quality and equal course content at all branches
- International recognition
- Local capacity building
- Local ownership of the academy partners
The approach of all GREEN trainings is to be as practical as possible. All courses include a big share of hands-on exercises to not only teach theoretical knowledge but train practical application. GREEN follows modern teaching methods, as the courses are designed interactive, and include learning questions and different types of self-tests with the goal to maximise the learning effect. The courses are product-neutral and are continuously updated to always accommodate latest market requirements and trends.
Link to course dates HERE
To make a connection between the training and the real installer life afterwards, GREEN involves industry partners already in the courses. After training more than 2500 PV installers in Africa, GREEN has built up a strong network that includes partners like installation companies, manufacturers, EPCs, consultants, public and governmental entities.
Find the course that suits you HERE
Author: Bryan Groenendaal
Bryan is an alumni of the GREEN Solar Academy having completed SuperSolarSchool, plus the Utility Scale Solar Farm Development Course.