As stated by President Uhuru Kenyatta at the COP26 – back to November 2021 – “Renewable energy in Kenya currently accounts for 73% of the installed power generation capacity, while 90% of the electricity in use is from clean sources, among them geothermal, wind, solar and hydro-electric installations. We are on course to achieve our target of 100% use of clean energy by 2030 and to achieve 100% access to clean cooking by 2028”.
Indeed, as of 2020, 87% of the country’s electricity already came from renewable sources, and further transition to reach fully renewable energy will continue to boost benefits for the population and environment, and reduce production costs.
Renewable energy projects and investement opportunities will be under discussion at RENPOWER KENYA 2022, the premier ‘in person’ energy event which takes place on 6 July at the Olare Mara Kempinski Masai Mara hotel in Nairobi.
The event will gather under one roof key stakeholders including representatives from the government, International Finance Institutions (IFIs), policy makers, international and local developers, EPC contractors, independent power producers, engineering, legal and advisory services, manufacturers, banking and private equity entities.
Featuring 30+ speakers and experts, the program is spread over 5 sessions covering timely topics such as:
- Session 1 – Kenya’s move to 100% clean energy by 2030: scaling up renewable investment and policy initiatives.
- Session 2 – Showcasing successes, reviewing the needs, implementing projects to widen clean energy access across the country.
- Session 3 – Scaling up clean energy access in Kenya: new horizons for off-grid technology and next generation solutions.
- Session 4 – New frontiers: technology-based projects driving the next move towards a cleaner power transition in Kenya.
- Session 5 – Green financing: Kenya’s plan to support its sustainable strategy and the next wave of renewable energy ventures.
Don’t miss the opportunity to meet key industry leaders and decision-makers at RENPOWER Kenya. Register HERE
To register or find out more information about partnership opportunities, kindly email: email@example.com
Author: Bryan Groenendaal