- The National Energy Regulator of South Africa (NERSA) has confirmed the approval of generation license applications for all seven of the preferred bidders in the country’s Risk Mitigation Independent Power Producer Procurement Programme (RMIPPPP).
- This includes the three controversial Karpowership applications which failed their evironmental impact assessment application with South Africa’s Department of Forestry, Fisheries and the Environment.
- The Karpowership SA bid in South Africa’s Risk Mitigation IPP Programme has been riddled with controversy plus allegations of tender rigging. Read more
In a statement the regulator said it made the approvals at its meeting held today. The seven RMIPPPP preferred bidders are:
- Oya Energy (Pty) Ltd
- Umoyilanga (Pty) Ltd
- ACWA Power Project DAO (Pty) Ltd
- Mulilo Total Hydra Storage (Pty) Ltd
- Karpowership SA Coega (RF) (Pty) Ltd
- Karpowership SA Richards Bay (RF) (Pty) Ltd
- Karpowership SA Saldanha (RF) (Pty) Ltd
Link to the preferred bidders project profiles HERE
The regulator said their decision and reasons for issueing the generation lisences will be available on their website: www.nersa.org.za, in due course.
Author: Bryan Groenendaal