- JinkoSolar, a world leader in solar pv technology and, has introduced its new generation SunTera liquid cooled utility-scale energy storage system.
- The SunTera system is a powerful solution for applications including peak-shaving, microgrid and demand management, and aims to overcome the challenges presented by a mismatch between energy demand and generation.
The system is designed to exceed normal safety standards, with a thermal management feature to ensure temperature uniformity within the cabinet and multiple layers of safety enhancement solutions, including an active anti-explosion ventilation system, early detection and alarm in the event of abnormalities and a fire suppression system and water injection unit.
The compact pre-assembled nature of the system simplifies the installation process and reduces associated costs by up to 30%, with intelligent O&M provided via JinkoSolar’s own software hub, an advanced monitoring and control platform for large-scale utility projects and micro grids.
Key features of SunTera Liquid Cooling ESS:
- Intelligent Liquid Cooling: – Incorporates multiple liquid cooling control modes, resulting in a notable 20% reduction in auxiliary power consumption.
- Enhanced Efficiency: – Employs cluster-level management, leading to a remarkable RTE improvement of over 1%.
- Safety and Reliability: – Provides comprehensive five-level protection, safeguarding the cells and preventing the propagation of thermal incidents. – Features an explosion-proof design, complemented by gas and water fire suppression systems.
- Smart Operations and Maintenance: – Implements intelligent control management for optimized performance, efficient debugging, and reduced operational costs. – Designed with a three-sided maintenance approach, achieving a high energy density of 6.88MWh within a compact 40-foot space.
Author: Bryan Groenendaal