- A number of informative panel discussions will be taking place at The African Utility Week and POWERGEN Africa conference NEXT WEEK at the Cape Town International Convention Centre on 14-16 May 2019.
- One challenge municipality’s face is the inclusion and integration of renewable energy in their energy mix
Under the Future Cities theme one discussion will centre on how municipalities can prepare for the challenge of integrating decentralised energy resources? In particular the following topics can be discussed:
- Designing suitable regulations.
- Commercial and industrial strategies in place.
- Are there any international examples and lessons that can be learnt?
- Rewarding households for using less electricity under net-metering.
This is one of many panel discussions that will take place at the The African Utility Week and POWERGEN Africa which takes place NEXT WEEK at the Cape Town International Convention Centre on 14-16 May 2019.
“The African Utility Week conference has a longstanding reputation of producing innovative, topical and high-level content, discussion and engagement” says event director Evan Schiff, adding: “the 19th edition of the event from 14-16 May in Cape Town this year will, once again, not disappoint.”
The new co-location of POWERGEN Africa in 2019 will add an expanded focus on generation, including renewables, off grid, fossil fuels and nuclear, while still concentrating on transmission, distribution, metering, new technologies including storage, mini grids, micro grids, IOT and ICT systems, as well as water.
This conference is Africa’s premier energy event. Do not miss it!
Sign up for the 3 Day Conference Pass here
Author: GBA News Desk