A testimonial video from a previous participant of the Financing of Solar PV Systems Course offered by the GREENSolar Academy
- Solar providers large and small are invited to gain a deeper understanding of how to evaluate and communicate the financial implications to clients who wish to invest in solar PV projects, specifically Small-scale Embedded Generation (SSEG) systems located at residential, commercial or industrial sites.
The GREEN Solar Academy has developed a 1-day training that uses real-world examples and case studies to walk you step-by-step through topics such as:
- Defining financial terms and concepts including payback periods, levelized cost of electricity, return on investment, net present value, internal rate of return, and profitability index.
- The importance of using correct utility costs and escalator assumptions, and their impact on solar PV financial models.
- How net metering, feed-in-tariffs and tax breaks influence cash-flow projections of a PV project.
- The “time value of money” and how projected future energy costs and PV energy production are affected by the time value of money.
- How to identify ongoing system costs and how to estimate them.
- How customers’ financial motivations influence which financing option is best for investing in a PV system.
The course includes a presentation by Vishay Rabbipal, ABSA’s Head of Renewable Energy, who will explore the financial options available to homeowners and commercial businesses.
This 1-day advanced course takes place on Friday 8 July in Johannesburg. Cost is R3 950 ex VAT. Visit https://solar-training.org/events/55-financing-of-pv-systems/region-ZA/ to register or contact GREEN Solar Academy on +27 (0) 10 312 6724 or email@example.com
GREEN Solar Academy is Africa’s premier training institute for solar power and is currently celebrating 10 years of solar training in South Africa.
Author: Bryan Groenendaal