- Another major milestone in construction of SMA’s new gigawatt factor has been reached.
- The first installations and the fitting of equipment has begun which paves the way to set up production and ensure that the project is completed on time.
- SMA is one of the worlds leading and high quality inverter and energy storage systems manufacturers.
- From 2025, SMA will double its annual production capacity to around 40 GW with the SMA GIGAWATT FACTORY.
- Systems and solutions for large solar and storage power plants at locations worldwide will then be leaving the new plant.
- SMA is also planning a new 3.5GW factory in the USA. Read more
To turn this €80 million investment project into a reality, SMA joined forces with the two Hamburg-based real estate companies, property team AG and GARBE Industrial Real Estate GmbH, who, in their capacities as developers and investors, are responsible for ensuring the turnkey and on-schedule completion of the factory. BREMER AG from Paderborn will construct the new factory in a resource-conserving manner in time for its scheduled opening 2025.
Author: Bryan Groenendaal