- The Gambia has a total installed capacity of 125 megawatts (MW) which is generated from fossil fuels.
- Only 35% of the population has access to electricity.
- NAWEC has called for document design plus implementation management and supervision for a solar PV plant.
The Republic of The Gambia is smallest country on the African continent mainland. It is almost entirely surrounded by Senegal with the exception of its western coastline along the Atlantic Ocean. All power generated and distributed is by the Gambia’s National Water and Electricity Company (NAWEC). The total installed capacity is 125 megawatts (MW) which is generated from fossil fuels.
Only 35% of the Gambian population has access to electricity. The Gambia is a signatory to the ECOWAS pledge to have a renewable energy account for 10 percent of the total energy generated in the country by 2020.
NAWEC is inviting eligible consultants to indicate their interest in providing the below solar PV consulting services. The consulting services include:
- The review of design documents prepared by contractors for a solar PV plant; 132 kV transmission line and substations; SCADA/EMS.
- Contract implementation management and supervision for a solar PV plant; 132 kV transmission line and substations; SCADA/EMS.
Interested consultants should provide information demonstrating that they have the required qualifications and relevant experience to perform the services.
The interested consulting firm should have (as a single company or jointly if associated with other companies) preferably 10 years of experience in each of the areas of:
- Solar PV plant advisory and engineering support; and
- Implementation management and supervision of design, supply and installation of solar PV plant; 132 kV transmission line and substations; SCADA/EMS.
- A firm should have successfully completed at least three contracts of a similar nature and complexity in the past seven years in developing countries.
- Bidders should have regional experience.
- The qualifications and experience of key experts shall not be included in the shortlisting criteria. Key experts will not be evaluated at the shortlisting stage.
Expressions of interest must be delivered in a written form to the address below (in person, or by mail, or by fax, or by e-mail) by 4 October 2018.
Visit the ESI Africa website for the contact details.
This tender announcement was originally published on ESI Africa and is republished with permission with minor editorial changes. Link to original