- BEKA Schréder is proud to have supplied the LED solar highmast lighting solution for a village in the North West Province, South Africa.
BEKA Schréder’s South-African designed and manufactured SOLARFLOOD highmast lighting solution has been installed in a village which has not had any streetlighting previously. The community had approached the Madibeng Local Municipality, requesting for a lighting solution to try combat the high crime rate in the area. Due to the village being off the electrical grid, solar lighting was the obvious solution.
This new lighting installation has been welcomed by the community, making them feel safer when having to walk in the dark when going to, and returning, from work. This installation is one of many to come for this community.
The SOLARFLOOD has been designed and manufactured in South Africa and is a solar lighting highmast solution for outdoor open area and rural applications and provides a high performing, robust option for off-grid solar lighting requirements.
The SOLARFLOOD, combined with the OMNISTAR-MINI luminaire, provides a reliable lighting solution with a high Ingress Protection level (IP 66) that withstands high ambient temperatures. The OMNISTAR-MINI range is a sustainable off-grid performer with a superior lumen/watt ratio.
Our high-performing optics allow for mounting of up to 20m, providing high-quality light where it is needed.
The photovoltaic energy conversion is optimized by highly efficient Monocrystalline solar module technology. This, in conjunction with our Maximum Power Point Tracking (MPPT) charging system and our lithium battery technology, provides a state-of-the-art quality system, offering the required system autonomy and providing a long-lasting solution to operate in any of our very challenging African environmental conditions.
Further advantages of the SOLARFLOOD include:
- Specifically engineered for geographical locations in Africa.
- Designed to operate reliably with a dimming profile at an optimum light output for an 11-hour period.
- It has sufficient autonomy to cater for up to two continuous overcast or rainy days, to continue its reliable night operation.
- Specific Dimming profiles for maximum output to suit the application (right light at the right time)
- Long life lithium battery technology.
- Warranty up to 5 years (Terms and conditions apply).
BEKA Schréder locally develops and manufactures sustainable LED lighting products, designed and suitable for local conditions.
We are very proud to be associated with Madibeng Local Municipality in providing a sustainable LED solar streetlighting solution for this project.
For further enquiries, contact Conuel Shilenge at +27 (0)11 238 0056 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Author: Bryan Groenendaal