- Master the sun in one week: the SuperSolarSchool course in Tema, Ghana provides participants with everything they need to know about solar photovoltaics (PV).
- The course is offered by the GREEN Solar Academy, arguably the best solar training institution in Africa.
- In the 5 days of training with a strong focus on practical application, participants learn about electrotechnical basics and functionality of PV systems, how to install systems correctly according to international standards and how to plan and manage and sell a project and size the system including the battery pack according the client’s requirements.
- The course runs in Accra from Monday 22nd February 2021 from 9:00 AM through to Friday 25th February, 5:00 PM.
- Special price for alumni GHS4,050.00 excl. VAT or GHS4,500.00 excl. VAT for new applicants.
Interactive exercises make the course content easy to understand and involvement of the participants makes it interesting to follow. Lecturers with practical experience connect the course participants with the industry so it is the ideal course for everyone who wants to get started in solar photovoltaics.
The SuperSolarSchool was developed together with the DGS (German Solar Energy Society) and align with the curriculum of the SAPVIA 5-day Solar PV Installer course. The course is the ideal preparation for all who want to prepare for the PV GreenCard solar PV assessment.
Who should attend?
Everyone who wants a flying start in solar photovoltaics:
- Solar PV Newcomers
- Employees of solar companies (sales, management and technical staff)
- Entrepreneurs and company founders
- Electricians and electrical engineers
- Professionals looking for training with limited time
- Installers aiming at the GREENCARD qualification
Day 1 and 2:
- Electro technical basics (series, parallel connection, current, voltage and their influence on yields, I-V-characteristic curve)
- PV system concepts (off-grid, grid-tied, back-up)
- PV system components (incl. batteries), use of data sheets
- Basics of grid-tied PV system installation
- Site preparation, tools and equipment,
- Practical installation of an embedded PV system incl. commissioning
- Post installation (routine inspection, data capturing, trouble shooting, operation and maintenance).
Day 4 and 5:
- Project management (timeline, laws and regulation, SSEG procedures)
- Site survey and on-site inspection
- Planning and design of grid-tied PV systems (with and without battery storage), calculation of roof-top PV systems with and without simulation programmes (incl. a 4 week trial license for PV SOL Premium software), extension of grid-tied systems to back-up systems, fault finding and quality assurance
- Sales, marketing and customer consultation
- 5 CPD credits by SAIEE (CPD validation SAIEE-2795-V)
- SAPVIA endorsed PV GreenCard Training course (preparation for the SAPVIA PV Assessment)
- International accreditation by the German Solar Energy Society DGS e.V.
None but matric level mathematics is recommended.