AltGen has played a major role in providing human resources and knowledge to the Renewable Energy in Africa since 2012 which includes IPP’s, EPC’s, businesses, governments, NGOs and educational institutions. The dynamic company, with passionate team spread across the African landscape, has been mandated to fill the following position:
Job Title: New Business Manager – Renewable Energy – Cape Town
Location: Cape Town
Salary: R750K – R1M CTC per annum
Application Close Date: 30 September 2021
We have a fantastic opportunity for an innovative New Business Manager to join a team of leading developers in the renewable energy industry. This is your chance to show what you’re made of by identifying, engaging with and securing potential customers to create utility-scale projects on a flexible off-take arrangement. If you have a thorough understanding of the private renewable energy market on an MW scale, you could be the person for the job!
The successful candidate will have a Commercial or Engineering Degree, and if you have a master’s degree in Business Administration – even better! You are someone with the ability to create and sell complex solutions with a knack for contract negotiations. As the New Business Manager, your key objectives are identifying opportunities, market research and stakeholder engagement in the private renewable energy market, strategy, and budget development, closing on strategies and private RE contracts, and creating a scalable business unit that closes flexible off-taker agreements. Our client is looking for someone who can walk to talk and has proven business development skills – we want to know about the projects you have successfully obtained! You need to have at least 4 years of project development experience managing the full scope of the project lifecycle as well as renewable energy experience – this is non-negotiable! It is important that you have a good understanding of the commercial aspects of de-risking projects as well as knowledge of private market macro aspects. Additionally, you must understand the business case for renewable energy in the private market.
If you are the business savvy, innovative problem solver we’re looking for, then apply now and tell us what makes you great for this role!
- Commercial or Engineering Degree
- Master’s Degree in Business Administration is beneficial
- 4+ years project development experience supervising the full scope of the project lifecycle
- Proven business development experience – we want to see a list of projects/business you’ve successfully obtained
- Previous experience in the Renewable Energy industry is non-negotiable
- Great commercial understanding of projects
- Good knowledge of private market aspects such as wheeling, private PPA’s terms, Eskom bundling and legislation
- Thorough understanding of price competitiveness vs Eskom utility, and key drivers of a Renewable Energy plant
Ready to apply?
Link to apply HERE