- Get the latest updates and success stories in power, energy and water on the African Continent.
- The African Utility Week and POWERGEN Africa will take place at the Cape Town International Convention Centre on 14-16 May 2019.
- The Mother City is set to welcome back 10 000+ energy and water professionals.
“The African Utility Week conference has a longstanding reputation of producing innovative, topical and high-level content, discussion and engagement” says event director Evan Schiff, adding: “the 19th edition of the event from 14-16 May in Cape Town this year will, once again, not disappoint.”
The new co-location of POWERGEN Africa in 2019 will add an expanded focus on generation, including renewables, off grid, fossil fuels and nuclear, while still concentrating on transmission, distribution, metering, new technologies including storage, mini grids, micro grids, IOT and ICT systems, as well as water.
Along with multiple side events and numerous networking functions the event boasts a five track strategic conference with over 300 expert speakers. An extensive Knowledge Hub programme that is CPD accredited and free to attend, offers hands-on presentations taking place in defined spaces on the exhibition floor. These discuss practical, day-to-day technical topics, best practices and product solutions that businesses, large power users and utilities can implement in their daily operations.
Keynote speakers confirmed so far are:
- Dr Mark Swilling, Programme Coordinator of the Sustainable Development Programme in the School of Public Leadership; the Academic Director of the Sustainability Institute; and the Co-Director of the Stellenbosch Centre for Complex Systems in Transition.
- Prof Anton Eberhard, who the directs Managing Infrastructure Investment Reform Regulation In Africa (MIRA) at the Graduate School of Business at the University of Cape Town. He is also chairing a team appointed by South African President Cyril Ramaphosa to advise on turning Eskom around and restructuring the power sector.
African Utility Week connects experts from the entire power, energy and water value chain. • The African Utility Week and POWERGEN Africa will take place at the Cape Town International Convention Centre on 14-16 May 2019.
Interested in attending? Send us your details and we will be in touch:
Author: Bryan Groenendaal