Heat Pump Pool Heating
Heat pumps are not only designed to provide hot water for guests but can also be used to heat the hotel swimming pool more efficiently. The system uses the surrounding air(ambient air) and transfers heat to the swimming pool water by means of a heat exchanger. The system offers the opportunity for guest to swim year round because it does not rely on the sun’s rays.
What you need to know:
- It can also be used to cool the pool
- A heat pump uses ambient air to operate causing no air pollution
- A 70% reduction in energy savings for heating water
- Payback period is between 18-24 months
- Most suppliers offer a 5 year warranty with a SABS stamp of approval. Be sure to ask for one!
- The system typically has a ten year lifespan
- Very little noise emitted in operation
- Easy to install and maintain