Industrial heat pumps can be installed to improve the economic performance of your existing hotel heating or cooling needs. A heat pump is essentially an air-conditioner operating in reverse. When used for heating, a heat pump, in effect replaces the current geyser’s electrical element as an alternative source of water heating. The system employs an evaporator, a compressor, a condenser, refrigerant gas, and an expansion valve as its main components, forming a closed heating circuit. Operational times and desired water temperature can custom set to suite factory requirement.
What you need to know:
- The eskom rebate has been terminated effective 31st January 2014.
- A heat pump uses ambient air to operate causing no air pollution.
- A 60% reduction in energy savings for heating water can be achieved.
- Payback period is between 24-30 months.
- Most suppliers offer a 5 year warranty.
- The system usually has a ten year lifespan.
- A heat pump is typically installed to an outside wall.
- Very little noise emitted in operation.
- Green Your Home is currently running a special deal on a heat pumps.