Solar pool heating by induction is a great way to extend the use of your swimming pool outside of the warm months. Solar tube panels are fitted to the roof and connected to a water feed from the pool. Water is then channelled through the tubes and is heated by the sun’s rays and returned to the pool by the existing pool pump. The panels are heated from the sun’s rays as well as the roof surface through conduction. This system eliminates the need to convert solar power into electric power first before turning into heat.
What you need to know:
- The system does not damage your roof and can easily be fitted to your existing pool pump
- An average of 9 months a year pool use (September – May)
- 10 year plus warranty is typically offered
- The number of panels required is determined by the pool depth and surface area
- The pool pump can only run during daylight hours in order for the system to work properly