- Pietersburg High School celebrated their centenary this year.
- The school decided to install floodlights to its Astro hockey field to enable practice during the hours of darkness.
The South-African manufactured OMNIBLAST-1-E MAXI illuminates the new Astro hockey field. This LED floodlight was chosen for its high light output and because it offers a cost-effective and efficient lighting solution to maximise energy and maintenance savings. Furthermore, the LED lifetime of 100,000 hours (L70B10) was an important factor. The precise light distribution ensures that only the field is illuminated and not the surrounding areas, thereby respecting the neighbourhood. The school is very satisfied with the result, and the installation serves as a great marketing asset, increasing the school’s reputation and prestige.
Why choose LED lighting?
When considering illuminating a sports field, there are many benefits when choosing LED, compared to traditional light sources, namely:
- Reduce energy costs by up to 75%
- Better quality of lighting: higher uniformity, low glare, low light pollution
- Lower carbon emissions
- Longer luminaire lifespan
- Reduction of maintenance costs
- Instant strike – no more waiting for luminaires to warm up/cool down
- Easy integration with a smart lighting control system
The OMNIBLAST-E is the ideal tool for sports venues and other very large area applications that require a lighting solution with the highest efficiency and flexibility to adapt to the different lighting needs. Available in a MIDI and MAXI variant, this LED solution offers an alternative with proven benefits for traditional fixtures fitted with 400W to 2000W HID lamps.
BEKA Schréder locally develops and manufactures energy-efficient LED lighting products, designed and suitable for local conditions.
We are very proud to be associated with Mbatini Construction and Pietersburg High School in providing a successful floodlighting solution for this project.
For further enquiries, contact Johan van Deventer at +27 (0)11 238 0056 or email@example.com
Author: Bryan Groenendaal